With COVID-19 in tact, the City of Clearwater is working very hard to maintain our safety and provide us with necessary city services.
As of March 17th, 2020, the following are as follows:
- The city’s Operation Shred and Drug Take-Back program previously scheduled for April 25 is cancelled.
- The Pier 60 Bait House is now closed. The fishing pier will be open during normal operating hours today only and will close at 10 p.m. tonight, then it will be closed until further notice. The portion of the pier from Pier 60 concessions to the Bait House will remain open until further notice.
- Clearwater Spring Break camps are cancelled.
- Clearwater’s Arbor Day & Tree Giveaway event previously scheduled for April 25 is cancelled.
- Sunsets at Pier 60 is cancelled until further notice.
- Clearwater Neighborhoods Day scheduled for March 28 is cancelled.
- Blast Friday scheduled for March 27 is cancelled.
- The Sugar Sand Festival, which was previously scheduled for April 10-26, is cancelled.
- The Earth Day Beach Cleanup previously scheduled for April 22 is cancelled.
- Sea Turtle Awareness Day previously scheduled for April 4 is cancelled.
- Ruth Eckerd Hall has suspended its programs through April 2.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium is closed to the public through at least March 27.
City Meeting Cancellations:
- Red light camera appeals hearings for March 18 is cancelled
- Municipal Code Enforcement Board meeting for March 25 is cancelled
- Downtown Development Board meeting for April 1 is cancelled
- As of now, Clearwater Beach is open at this time. We aren’t aware of any plans yet to close the beach. However, things could change at any time. Governor Desantis advised everyone to avoid congregating in groups of ten or more at the beach, and they should practice social distancing.
Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs:
- The governor has limited restaurants to 50% occupancy and has asked employers to screen all employees for symptoms in the entire state.
- Bars and nightclubs are closed after 5 p.m. today for 30 days in the entire state.
Libraries & Recreation Centers:
- Clearwater Public Library System programs will be cancelled through the end of March.
- All Clearwater library branches are open at this time.
- The East Community Library @ SPC maintains altered hours, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. through March 17.
- AARP Tax Help at the Countryside Library is suspended until further notice.
- SHINE Medicare counseling appointments at the Main and Countryside Libraries are suspended under further notice.
- The Literacy Council of Upper Pinellas has cancelled all Conversation Classes in Pinellas County for the rest of March including Citizenship Tutoring classes at the East Community Library.
- The Pinellas Public Library Cooperative’s Deaf Literacy Center has suspended all American Sign Language library classes, until further notice, including children’s sign language classes at the Countryside Library.
- Recreation Centers:
- Clearwater recreation centers, pools and the McMullen Tennis Complex are open for open play only. All other organized programming led either by city staff, partner agencies, contractors, rentals or volunteers is cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- All youth and adult sporting activities and programs are suspended effective immediately until further notice.
- All Spring Break day camps at Clearwater recreation centers are cancelled for the remainder of the week.
- All tournaments (league and youth programs) and events are canceled through the end of April 2020. Full refunds without processing fees will be provided. Please work with the events supervisor to submit refund paperwork, if applicable. If you would like to reschedule your event, please contact Events & Athletics at (727) 562-4700. The department will evaluate the date change request and work with you to find a date that works for all parties. All rescheduled dates and refund requests are due by April 6.
- All staff-led recreation programs and classes including swim lessons are cancelled for an unknown period of time.
- All Aging Well Center programs and those programs targeted toward the senior population (Silver Sneakers and Enhance Fitness®) at Clearwater’s recreation centers are cancelled.
For more information, please visit www.myclearwater.com for updates on COVID-19